Sagging is a common problem that occurs in the accurate application of coatings.
What visual appearance does sagging take?
Sagging appears as coating that runs before drying, leaving raised rivulets.
What probable causes are there for sagging?
- Low viscosity of the coating material
- Incorrect thinning solvent used
- Coating is applied too thickly
What suggested solutions can solve the problem?
- Avoid reducing coating or use a solvent with higher evaporation rate (check Product Data Sheet)
- Apply thinner coats
- Apply to pre-heated parts
Support programs, free testing facilities and application advice are often made available from coating manufacturers, helping prevent problems early in the process, saving time and money.
Download our Problem Solving Chart now!
For more information on problems experienced, contact your local Whitford representative.