Particulate Contamination is a common problem that occurs in the accurate application of coatings.
What visual appearance does particulate contamination take?
Particulate contamination appears as hard bits (particles) on the surface of coated parts.
What probable causes are there for particulate contamination?
- Dried coating inside container falling back into the coating
- Airborne particles either in spray area or oven
What suggested solutions can solve the problem?
- Filter coating before using
- Keep spray area clean and free of dust
- Vacuum particulate matter from oven
Support programs, free testing facilities and application advice are often made available from coating manufacturers, helping prevent problems early in the process, saving time and money.
For more information on problems experienced, contact your local Whitford representative.