Whitford have always invested in Regulatory Compliance and as a responsible manufacturer we are committed to ensuring that all of our initiatives and actions adhere to the relevant local, national and global legislation.
Whitford takes a multi-level approach to Regulation considering many different areas, including:
- Regular reviewing of both regulations and industry best practices
- Ensuring all products and processes adhere to local legal requirements
- Maintaining a safe working environment for all Whitford employees
- Communicating and holding ourselves responsible for our own practices and actions
Our specific Regulatory considerations include, but are not limited to:
- Product Compliance: Conforming to rules and policies set to ensure our actions comply with relevant legislation, policies, regulations and guidance.
- Food Contact: Comprehensive and specific tests undertaken to ensure products adhere to relevant standards.
- Safety Data Sheets: Detailing the hazardous nature of substances or materials together with the conditions for their safe use, in accordance with local legal requirements.
- Labelling: Adhering to best practice and legal frameworks for the labelling and packaging of goods produced.
- Transport: Adhering to both global and local requirements for the transport of both hazardous and non-hazardous goods.
Whitford holds various Quality standards (ISO 9001, 13485, 14001, 16949 and OHSAS 18001) across our global locations*. In obtaining and maintaining these standards we are actively engaged in the continuous improvement of both our own processes and those of our (customers), suppliers and partners. (See Programs for more information).
Whitford are members of various organisations and associations (see Partners for more information), we regularly monitor best practice within the coatings industry to ensure that we continue to operate at the forefront of industry standards.
For more information on our Regulatory activities, contact your local Whitford representative.
*Please be aware that the above standards are only applicable to individual Whitford locations and are NOT held by every site. For confirmation of standards held by individual sites, please contact your local Whitford Representative.