Quality is very important to Whitford – demonstrated across our business sectors through our internal practices and expectations, but also those by which we expect our customers, suppliers and partners to operate.
ISO 9001: A set of international standards for the management and verification of good quality management practices: increasing customer satisfaction through the deliverance of quality products and services.
- Global active certifications held in America, Brazil, China, Germany, India, Italy, Singapore and UK
- Active certifications also held by Alpha Coatings and Laurel
ISO 13485: A standard representing the requirements for a comprehensive quality management system for the design and manufacture of medical devices.
- Global active certification held in America – location for Whitford’s dedicated medical facility
ISO 14001: A standard focusing on Environmental Management – practical and organisational systems in place to manage environmental responsibilities.
- Global active certifications held in China, India, Italy, Singapore and UK
IATF 16949: A technical specification aimed at the development of a quality management system in the automotive supply chain – continual improvements, emphasis of defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste.
- Global active certifications held in Germany and UK
OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Assessment – a standard applying occupational health and safety systems to demonstrate sound performance
- Global active certifications held in India, Singapore and UK
Whitford Awarded Standards
To assist in the application of coatings and ensure that best practice is followed in the whole process, from coating selection through to surface preparation, application and the testing of coated parts, Whitford has commissioned coater programs. These are not only designed to offer technical support and training but also look to practical aspects to ensure coaters and applicators have the proper application line setup and equipment to correctly apply Whitford products.
Individual programs have been designed according to the business sector in which they operate, the suitability of each program influenced by the audience being addressed:
- QCP: Quality Cooperative Program (Housewares)
- QAC: Quality Approved Coater (Industrial)
- WRC: Whitford Recommended Coater (Industrial)
To learn more about Whitford’s coater programs, the business sectors they operate in and the qualification processes, contact your local Whitford representative.