Whitford’s dedicated global team of experts have more than 50 years’ experience in solving key problems faced in the automotive industry. Offering daily support to OEM’s and their tiers, Whitford’s high-performance coating ranges solve performance problems including abrasion resistance and improved itch and squeak suppression.
Recent developments have produced advanced formulations that also offer environmental and process benefits on rubber, plastic and metal applications.
Auto-Flex Coating Applications
Whitford has developed two extensive lines of specialty coatings for rubber, plastic and other flexible substrates offering a fundamental solution to problems faced:
- Resilon®: water-borne single-component coatings, based on PU/Si-hybrid technologies. Resilon coatings can be easily applied to EPDM, TPE, NBR, PVC, ABS and other temperature-sensitive substrates to help reduce friction, suppress noise, avoid sticking and protect against weathering.
- Xylan®: low-friction, wear-resistant composites of fluoropolymers and reinforcing binder resins, the Xylan coating range can be used on all metals and some non-metallics such as glass, carbon fiber composites, glass fiber composites, rubber and some plastics.
Whitford’s automotive team supports the marketplace with a broad portfolio of functionally engineered coatings that deliver consistently high-performance standards:
- Improved itch and squeak suppression
- Outstanding abrasion resistance
- Exceptional release properties
- Long-term durability
- Superb haptic properties
- Controlled friction: 0.1 to 1.0
- Excellent resistance to the elements
- Ideal for extrusion and corner moldings
- A variety of colors plus black
- Choice of water- or solvent-borne technology
- Very low noise
- Choice of smooth or particulate grades
- Excellent weathering
- Available in lo-cure-temperature grades
- An ideal flock replacement
Combining cutting-edge technologies, Whitford’s coating ranges can be applied to various parts and materials:
- Weatherstrip/Dynamic Seals: rubber, plastic or other material used to seal the edges of a door or window against rain, debris and wind
- Glass run/Static Seals: rubber, plastic or other material used as part of the glass-sealing package
- Flock: small fiber particles used on the surface of glass-sealing parts
Whitford is positioned to be the first choice partner for many global tiers operating to IATF 16949 and ISO/TS 14001 standards, adhering to REACH and other worldwide regulatory compliance.