Fusion is a coating system based on sol-gel technology, a hybrid of organic and inorganic chemistry common to ceramic engineering.
What Fusion offers over conventional nonsticks:
- All sol-gel coatings are made without PFOA and PTFE.
- Fusion (like other sol-gel nonsticks) can be taken to extreme temperatures. If for any reason a fry pan, for example, is left on high heat with nothing in it, the coating is far more likely to survive than conventional fluoropolymer-based nonsticks.
- It is waterborne: handling, mixing and cleanup are accomplished with water.
- It cures at a lower temperature, using less energy and saving money.
New Fusion Titanium nonstick interior takes a giant step forward in durability and resistance to abrasion, far beyond any other sol-gel ceramic coating tested so far.
Click here for more information.
Fusion HR (High-Release) lasts at least
2.5 times longer than the competition.
The remarkable nonstick performance of Fusion High-Release has been
demonstrated via two extremely harsh tests which include:
Whitford’s Thermal Stress Test and Whitford’s Chemical Stress Test.
Fusion HR offers release properties previously
thought to be unattainable in a sol-gel
“ceramic” nonstick coating.
FusionX, Whitford’s new sol-gel "ceramic" line of exterior coatings, is a colorful, eye-catching and easy alternative to porcelain enamel.
- FusionX is a single-coat system that comes in a wide variety of bright colors.
- FusionX can be taken to extreme temperatures (500ºC/930ºF, depending on the color) and is fine for use over direct flame.
- It cures at a lower temperature, saving energy and money.
- Parts to be coated don’t require pre-heating, as other sol-gels do.
- Application is with the same equipment as a typical spray line.
Click on the following links to download information on Fusion in pdf format.