Sustainability reporting has emerged as a best practice of 21st-century business worldwide. In 2017, Whitford embarked on its Sustainability journey and published the first GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) Sustainability Report in May 2018.
What benefits does Whitford gain from preparing and publishing a Sustainability Report?
Whitford’s stance on Sustainability Reporting:
- To provide an insight into the nature and quality of Whitford’s relationships with our key stakeholders, our employees, other businesses, and local communities.
- To understand the material topics, stakeholder importance and how we consider sustainability risks and opportunities and build resilience into Whitford’s core business model.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of our materials, including challenging and complex issues, prioritizing and enforcing corrective action.
- To offer a valuable tool for stimulating change within Whitford, empowering everyone, instilling discipline and helping Whitford review and define our long-term vision raising awareness of sustainable practices in the whole organisation.
- To drive external brand impact, building trust in our brand and being better stewards of our environment and community.
- To build on our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives considering how these initiatives create value for our business and our intended stakeholders.
- To develop a truly engaged, motivated and productive workforce to attract, grow and retain talents to stay competitive and ahead of the curve.
- To identify and address supply chain sustainability, informing and engaging every entity in the value chain through appropriate stakeholder information dissemination, the reduction of adverse impacts in our supply chain to create value for all.
Whitford will continue to drive sustainability in all aspects of our business, with our customers, stakeholders and with the community in mind.